AnsweredAssumed Answered

Ping Dr_Joel - can I save calibration data from an 8753ES to a laptop?"

Question asked by spidermonkey1187 on Jul 12, 2017
Latest reply on Jul 14, 2017 by Dr_joel

This post is related to another post here:  Newbie Questions

I am using python to control an 8753ES via GPIB.  I have the programming examples and the other manuals for this device.  This device has a 3.5 inch floppy which is it's 'External Disk'.  Using the buttons on the front:  Save/Recall->Select Disk->Configure Ext Disk->Address Disk:  I notice the display says 'Disk GP-IB Address 1'  this number is different from the number '19' that I'm using as this devices GPIB address. 

In the programming examples manual on page 1-4 I see some commands to configure external devices on GPIB but don't see an example on how to implement these.

There are two things that I am trying to save from the network analyzer. 

First I would like to be able to access the saved configurations and save them from the network analyzer to a pc then upload them later. 

Secondly I would like to save screen shots of S11 and S12 to the pc, do not need to upload anything at this point. 

In the post above Dave suggested using 'OUTPDATF ' which I was able to use and got an array back.  I don't know how to interpret the array contents yet but I think I can figure that out. After that I tried to use OUTPCALC and OUTPICAL but I keep getting syntax errors.  Perhaps I'm reading the manual wrong do I need to supply a range with these commands?  Is this the right approach?

I also have written a python script to run the full 2 port cal which works fine but I get syntax errors when writing 'refd' to the network analyzer in the same way as the programming example.  I don't know why this causes a syntax error either.  The python source code is attached if it helps.

Thanks in advance for any help with this. 

Attachments

Outcomes