AnsweredAssumed Answered

How can I hide and show a ProgressBar layered ontop a PictureBox (both .net controls)?

Question asked by merendo07 on Mar 16, 2017
Latest reply on Mar 20, 2017 by Mike

Hi everyone,

I've got a VEE test solution, and on the main panel, I want to show and hide, at runtime, a PictureBox and a ProgressBar (possible more controls as the solution evolves) which are layered on top of each other. Both of these controls are .net windows controls.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to figure out how I can get the ProgressBar to become completely invisible. I have tried the following approaches so far, none of which worked. For each of them, I worked with the .net operations builder:

• I tried to simply move the ProgressBar somewhere else on the panel using the attribute location.X and location.Y - doesn't do a darn thing.
  • I tried to size the ProgressBar to 0 by 0 pixels, also does nada.
  • Modifying the attribute "Visible" does hide and show the border of the ProgressBar but nothing else.
  • I also called the methods Show() and Hide() to no avail.
  • I tried calling the methods SendToFront() and SendToBack() on both the ProgressBar and the PictureBox
  • I felt that maybe setting the back color of the ProgressBar to transparent would help, but the color attribute doesn't accept transparency.

Can somebody please help me with that?

Thanks a lot!

Outcomes