AnsweredAssumed Answered

Dear Sir,            I am Samiran Choudhury, pursuing PhD with Prof. Anjan Barman in S.N. Bose National Centre For Basic Sciences, Kolkata.              We have one vector network analyser with model number Agilent, PNA-L, N5230C whose frequency range has

Question asked by samiran on Jan 8, 2017
Latest reply on Jan 16, 2017 by Dr_joel

Dear Sir,

I am Samiran Choudhury, pursuing PhD with Prof. Anjan Barman in S.N. Bose National Centre For Basic Sciences, Kolkata. 

We have one vector network analyser with model number Agilent, PNA-L, N5230C whose frequency range has been upgraded from 10MHz-20GHz to 10MHz-50GHz having maximum RF power up to 20dBm.
           Kindly let us know about the upgraded model number of the instrument.

Recently, we are facing some difficulties in applying power more than 3dBm or higher as it is showing the error message "source unleveled" on the window screen.

We further checked that when we are doing the calibration using the CS-5 calibration substrate (open-short-load method) by using nonmagnetic G-S-G type pico-probe (GGB Industries, model 40A-GSG-150-EDP), the above error message comes when the power exceeds 5 dBm but it shows the same message in our device (DUT) at a power of 3dBm only.

We tried to fix this problem by manipulating the frequency range that we are using or by varying the number of sweep points or the average, but we are unable to apply power beyond 3 dBm to our DUT.              
           Kindly help us in this regard so that this problem can be sorted out and we can use the maximum power possible i.e., up to 20 dBm.
Thanking you.         

Outcomes