I have a U1282A DMM that I can remotely operate from my iPhone or iPad but not my Windows 10 laptop. When is Windoes10 going to be supported please?
Happy New Year to all at KSTs
Windows 10 comes with later version of .NET framework. However, Keysight Handheld Meter Logger requires .NET framework 3.5 to run perfectly. Therefore, we have to enable .NET framework 3.5 by following the steps below in order to use the Keysight Handheld Logger software in Windows 10:
1. Before* Installing Handheld Meter Logger software, to check whether .NET Framework 3.5 is available in Control Panel:(If the software has been installed, please uninstall it first.)
1. On the keyboard, press “Windows Logo” + “R” keys.
2. In the “Run” command box, type “appwiz.cpl” and press “ENTER”.
3. In the “Programs and Features” window, click on the link “Turn Windows features on or off”
4. Check if the “.NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)” option is available in it.
5. If yes, then enable it and then click on “OK”.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation and restart the computer, if prompted.
2. Installing Handheld Meter Logger software:1. On the browser, go to: http://www.keysight.com/main/software.jspx?ckey=2470922&lc=eng&cc=MY&nid=-33167.1144465&id=24709222. Click “Download”.3. On the pop-up window, key in the details and click “ENTER”.4. After finish downloading, click on “KeysightHandheldMeterLogger.exe” and follow he instruction to install.
3. Installing Prolific driver (it normally comes together with the Logger software):1. On the browser, go to: http://www.prolific.com.tw/US/ShowProduct.aspx?p_id=225&pcid=412. Click the link of “Download File”.*If Keysight Handheld Meter Logger Software has been installed before .NET Framework 3.5, please uninstall it first.(reference: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_install/how-to-instal-net-framework-35-on-windows-10/450b3ba6-4d19-45ae-840e-78519f36d7a4?auth=1 )
Please have a try on this.
Sorry that doesn't help - I get error 1925 (admin rights required - I have admin rights.
It looks like you need to right click and run as Administrator for this.
I have done some research, probably you may refer the below link and see if it works for you?
You do not have sufficient privileges to complete this installation for all users of the machine. Log on as administrato…
You do not have sufficient privileges to complete this installation - Microsoft Community
Retrieving data ...