AnsweredAssumed Answered

8560E A14 Trouble

Question asked by 4thDoctorWhoFan on Mar 6, 2016
Latest reply on Mar 8, 2016 by PA0ALV
I believe I have an issue with my A14 board.  
Can anyone provide the schematic & layout?  The A14 board is 08560-63069.
The serial number for the analyzer is 3611A02098.

I purchased the latest CLIP thinking all the revisions would be listed but no, that is not the case.  How disappointing that my board was not listed.

Before I describe my problem, one quick question before I forget.  Is any cal data lost if the battery failed while the unit was off?

Initially, the display was dead.  I repaired the A6 power supply as there was a bad Q310 MOSFET for the +15V line.
The problem now is that there is no signal being displayed when I provide an input.  Also, after the unit boots up, there are six errors:  356, 334, 319, 317, 353 & 351.

I have done some troubleshooting and I do have the 10Mhz into the A14 board.  I also have the 300Mhz & 600Mhz signals.  The cal output is also functioning.  I have no way to test the YIG as I don't have the capability to test signals above 3Ghz.

I noticed that I am not getting a low sense voltage reading on the LODA.  The bias voltage is there but zero voltage on the low sense line on the LODA.  Does this voltage come from the A14 board or is it a sign of a bad LODA?

Any help would be appreciated as I have never had to troubleshoot such a complicated piece of test gear before.
Thanks,
Tony  

Outcomes