AnsweredAssumed Answered

data files and measurements for e8364c pna

Question asked by fcolleon on Mar 30, 2009
Latest reply on Mar 30, 2009 by Dr_joel
Hi all:

I want to use the 8364C analyzer for near field measurements. So, i need samples of the E field for every scanner position (planar near field). I'll measure the pattern of a horn antenna. I have the following doubts:

a) What options should be using for to save the sample data? I want the magnitude and phase, so i need to save, at least, two traces, but i haven't found how to save more than one channel or one trace measurements(what format? snp? citi?).

b) I want to use the external triger option, and the options in the trigger menu for measure "one point" data(no sweep, becaause i need discrete values for every position in near field measurements ). i have been testing with the manual trigger. But when i read the data file, i see the "one point" data replace point by point the previous data file, e.g., if i measure 10 points, and the previous measure is a 201 point file sweep, the new data file is the same 201 point data file as before, with the 10 first data changed. So, how can i get the data file with only the "one point" measures?

Thanks for your help

Franco  

Outcomes