AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problem Connecting 34970A in BenchVue

Question asked by gabe on Mar 31, 2015
Latest reply on Apr 2, 2015 by gabe
I'm trying to connect a 34970A w/ two 34901A modules to BenchVue but am having trouble communicating with the instrument.  The weird thing is I can connect through the latest version of Connection Expert 17.1 and 16.3, send SCPI commands and receive a response, and have no trouble connecting and running scans with Benchlink Data Logger.  I can also use BenchVue to connect to my 34401A without issue.  BenchVue recognizes my 34970A and GPIB address.  It also adds the icon to the bottom of the screen.  However when I try to connect, it just goes idle forever and says "Application launching. Please wait..."  I'm connected through a GPIB cable and all the settings on the instrument are set up properly.  I'm running Win 7 SP1 32-bit OS.  Any advice?

I'm thinking it probably has something to do with the BenchVue program and not my equipment since I don't have any problem communicating with the equipment outside of BenchVue.  I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program without any change.

My last resort is to try a GPIB to USB connection and see if that works...but I cannot see why that would matter.  I'll try this tomorrow.

Any help would be very appreciated...thanks!

Gabe  

Attachments

Outcomes