AnsweredAssumed Answered

Measuring turn on time

Question asked by andyTPE on Feb 6, 2012
Latest reply on Feb 6, 2012 by Dr_joel
Hello,

I have a requirement to measure amplifier turn on time and am wondering whether I can integrate this with the existing tests (SPAR, compression, IP3 etc) on my PNA-X.  The DUT has an enable/disable pin and the turn on time is to be measured from 50% of the control signal to 10%/90% of the RF signal.  Conceptually, if I have the PNA-X at a fixed frequency and use the control line to trigger a sweep and use the receiver to measure the envelope, I may be able to extract the information I want. 

I would like to know what the widest IF bandwidth is on the PNA-X (I heard that newer models were shipping with a wider IF bandwidth) and what kind of delay exists between receiving a trigger from an external input and how stable this is (i.e. do I need to add an offset to my measurement).  What kind of sample rate can be achieved by the receivers in this mode?  Does anyone have any experience with this type of approach.  In the past I have relied on detector diodes and oscilloscopes, but I am curious as to whether others have successfully used the PNA-X platform.  I do not currently have any of the pulsed options installed on my PNA-X

Thank you for any thoughts/experiences.

Andy  

Outcomes