AnsweredAssumed Answered

HP 11850C Power Splitter

Question asked by SOLT_guy on Mar 12, 2016
Latest reply on Mar 14, 2016 by jvall
Dear Sir:

The HP 11850C power splitter is advertised as a "three way power" splitter.  

One is led to believe that there are 3 output ports and that each output port should output an equal amount of power from each output port for a constant power input.

The HP 11850C power splitter has a total of four ports.

Upon closer inspection of the device, I noticed that there is one port labeled, "input", and one port labeled, "output", and the two remaining ports are not labeled at all (or there should exist stickers that label these ports as output ports).

There is little documentation available about this device and I do not like to make any assumptions about a device.   

Can anyone tell me if the port labeled, "OUTPUT" with a sticker on it, is configured differently from the ports that are not labeled at all (is this device just missing the stickers that label the output ports)?   Or, is the port labeled, "OUTPUT", intended to be used for a unique purpose (such as being designated to be connected into a network analyzer reference signal port)?  

Outcomes