AnsweredAssumed Answered

"Meas Uncal" message when using N1914A EMI application on MXA

Question asked by d_finz on Mar 13, 2015
Latest reply on Mar 24, 2015 by d_finz
Hello.  I'm hoping that someone can help me with a problem that I'm having with the N1914A EMI measurement application on my 3.6GHz MXA.  I am performing Conducted Emissions tests in accordance with MIL-STD-461F.  I've configured my scan table in accordance with the emission bandwidth and dwell time requirements of the MIL-STD:

Range 1. 30Hz-1kHz, 10Hz BW, 150msec dwell time.  Range 2. 1kHz-10kHz, 100Hz BW, 15msec dwell time.  Range 3. 10kHz-150kHz, 1kHz BW, 15msec dwell time.  Range 4. 150kHz-10MHz, 10kHz BW, 15msec dwell time

I select all 4 ranges for a swept scan and when I go to start the scan, the error message "Meas UnCal" appears on the bottom right hand corner of the analyzer.  After many trial and error sessions, I found that the only way I can get rid of the message is to run a swept scan on one range at a time.  I also noticed that when I'm in the scan table editor and select auto for the BW & dwell times for each of the ranges and select all ranges for a swept scan, the error message goes away.

What am I doing that's creating this error message?  Am I following the MIL-STD requirements correctly?  Do I need to run each range separately?  

Outcomes