AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problem writing to .csv file

Question asked by rftester on Jan 6, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 7, 2016 by rftester
Hi Vee users,

I have a Vee test where I read a number of parameters from a .csv file, perform a test loop, and store the results in another.csv file at the end of each loop.

Along with the measurement results, I save some of the imported parameters, one of which is an array of text entries. All other values go to the results file fine but these text entries are causing a problem.

I am creating the .csv line entry in a formula box like this: InputPin1+","+InputPin2+","+...etc. The values on some of these input pins are obtained from arrays with another formula box like this: Array[index].

This all works well as long as the items written to the .csv file come from the measurement loop or number (not text) arrays created from the first .csv file. I get results in my csv file (opened in Excel) like this:
NumberFromArray   MeasurementResult   CounterNumber   NumberFromArray
etc...

But as soon as I read from the text array the .csv file I write has errors beginning on the second line like this:
NumberFromArray   MeasurementResult   CounterNumber   TextFromArray
NumberFromArray   MeasurementResult   CounterNumber   
TextFromArray
TextFromArray
TextFromArray

It's as if an end of line is finding it's way in somehow. If I replace the TextArray[index] input with a text constant, a number, or a NumberArray[index] everything works fine. I have tried everything I can think of in my measurement routine and the UserFunction that imports the .csv and creates the arrays, but I just can't get it working. I also can't understand why the problem begins on the second line.

Any suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Don  

Outcomes