AnsweredAssumed Answered

Broken Triggering Function on HP 16534A OScope module.

Question asked by SporkSchivago on Jan 8, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 11, 2016 by SporkSchivago
Hello,

I have managed to purchase an HP 16534A 500MHz bandwidth digitizing oscilloscope for my HP 16702B Logic Analyzer.   I got a good deal on it and was told that the triggering function didn't work for some reason.   I haven't received my 16702B in the mail yet but it's on it's way.   I decided to just look around on the oscilloscope module and found what I believe are missing SMD components.

Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be a silkscreen layer on the board so I cannot tell what components they were or if they're even supposed to be there at all.   One looks like a pad has been ripped off but there appears to be a via really close to it and I'm thinking I can use a small jumper wire and solder it to the via some how.

Would anyone if two components are supposed to be here (where the red boxes are?)   and if so, what components and their values (Ie, a 5.6K Ohm resistor, etc)?   I'd really appreciate it.

I'd like to add that I'm very new to the electronic world and don't know much about logic analyzers or oscilloscopes.   Not really sure what triggering is and how important it is.  I do however, feel very confident with my soldering abilities.   I have a Weller WHA900 Hot Air rework station and a Weller WX2 digital soldering iron with a micro iron tip.  Thank you!

P.S. - Sorry for the quality of the pictures.   I tried using Irfanview to make them lighter.  I can try providing better quality images if necessary.  

Outcomes