AnsweredAssumed Answered

What are the maximum input levels of A, B and R receivers on an 8753ES?

Question asked by drkirkby on Nov 4, 2014
Latest reply on Nov 20, 2014 by Dr_joel
I want to do a quick sanity check on a used Agilent 8753ES. It has option 006 and 011, so has no test set built in. Can anyone tell me 

a) The maximum input levels to the R receiver for satisfactory operation? (The front panel says the minimum level is -35 dBm)

b) The maximum input level to the A and B receivers for satisfactory operation. 

I know the damage thresholds are +20 dBm, but the 0.1 dB compression points are going to be a lot lower.  I am guessing the maximum inputs to these receivers for satisfactory operation is going to be set by the 0.1 dB compression point, but maybe that is not so. 

Also, given this is a 3 GHz model that has been upgraded to option 006, will the source go to 6 GHz, or does it stop at 3 GHz? In particular, if I wanted to use it at 3.5 or 4 GHz, would an 85046A do as a cheap substitute for an 85047A, or would the system simply not operate above 3.00000 GHz without the frequency doubler in an 85047A? 

PS, it is interesting to compare the bandwidth of the couplers in the 8753 series to those available today. There is nothing from Minicicuits, or anyone I can find, that covers such a wide frequency range. 

Dave  

Outcomes