AnsweredAssumed Answered

Trace Math in N9342C

Question asked by wreeve on Jan 9, 2015
Latest reply on Jan 12, 2015 by am95405
I cannot find any forum discussion on Trace Math nor is there anything in the user guide. The only mention of Trace Math at all in the user guide is the menu tree in the back but there is no description of how to use it.

It would seem pretty simple to use as there are only three simple math functions. However, I am not getting expected results. I cannot seem to adjust the position of the C trace (results from the math operations) so that it is readable. I am pretty sure it's because I don't fully understand how Trace Math is implemented on the HSA.

Here is what I'm trying to do: I am using a small active loop to measure very weak emissions from a device. I am measuring the spectrum with device power ON (Trace 1 on A) and then OFF (Trace 2 on B). I would like to display A-B->C (Trace 3 on C). The reference level also is involved, which I have set to -50 dBm.

My question is, how do I setup Trace 1 and Trace 2 so that I can display Trace 3? Is there a manual supplement that describes this?  

Outcomes