AnsweredAssumed Answered

automated calibration

Question asked by andeezlemoyo on Nov 5, 2014
Latest reply on Apr 15, 2015 by rfelectek
Hi All,

I am testing high-power, high-gain amplifiers using an SSA to boost DUT drive levels.  I am working with an 2-port E8362C, running firmware version, A.09.42.22.  I do not have any of the application options, only the hardware options necessary.

I have an ecal kit, N4691-60006, and a U2000A power meter.

I have to test the DUT over a wide range of drive levels, spanning 30 dB, sometimes more.  E.g. -25 dBm to +5 dBm.

Since I'm creating an automated test console, I would like to take power calibration data at multiple power levels across the range, every 5 dB, for example.

My power sensor must be connected to the source port, so I have to alternate between the power sensor and the ecal module during a guided cal with power & receiver cal.

The problem I have is that if I use the guided ecal calibration with power & receiver calibration.  I need the technician to change between the power sensor and the ecal module for every power level at which I wish to run a calibration.  I would rather have the tech connect the power meter once, and then the ecal module while the software does all the rest.

Any suggestions?  Am I on the wrong track, should I be thinking another way? Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Andy  

Outcomes