AnsweredAssumed Answered

Momentum Errors

Question asked by ti_mike on Oct 29, 2014
Latest reply on Nov 5, 2014 by HSLEE
Hi,

I am trying to run a simulation in ADS using momentum on a board that I received from a customer. Unfortunately, the board files were delivered to me as Altium files and not as cadence file so I had to import the layout using the ODB++ file structure. The files import fine and the stack up looks correct to me but I keep getting the following error when creating the mesh:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- WARNING -------------------------------------------------------------------
Pin P1 is positioned on more than one edge.
Move the pin away from any unintended edges.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- WARNING -------------------------------------------------------------------
Pin P2 is positioned on more than one edge.

Pin P4 is positioned on more than one edge.

The port setup needed to be corrected:
Calibration will not be used for port "P3" (pin
"P3" is not on the edge between a conductive and
a nonconductive region).
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Generating mesh at 20 GHz...
Could not change process priority
S-parameter simulation
--- WARNING -------------------------------------------------------------------
The 2D port solver data is not available for 
thick conductor feedlines, using default values (50 Ohm) 
for the transmission line parameters.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Automatic selection: direct compressed matrix solver
Using multi-threading (12 threads)
Matrix size: 36593 (reduced: 25123)
--- WARNING -------------------------------------------------------------------
Port 1 does not have an explicit reference pin, 
S-parameters may become unphysical at higher frequencies.
Port 2 does not have an explicit reference pin, 

Port 3 does not have an explicit reference pin, 

Port 4 does not have an explicit reference pin, 

I have been through this process several times using cadence with other boards and I have never run into these issue before. I suspect that my problem lies in the fact that I am importing ODB++ files but I am not sure. What am I missing here?

Regards,
Mike  

Outcomes