AnsweredAssumed Answered

pnax comb filter generator cal phase vs power measurement

Question asked by rok on Feb 24, 2015
Latest reply on Feb 25, 2015 by daras
Hello,

I am using the Windows XP 0.9.90.09 PNA-X with the comb filter generator Tier 1 cal for my downconverter DUT. I am taking phase vs power measurement. (from -60dBm to -30dBm). I used a regular E-Cal for the regular calibration. (with no power cal required)

The issue I am encountering is that I seem to get different phase values readings at a particular power level for different calibrations. For instance, at -60dBm, I get a phase reading of ~-108 degrees. I then replaced the test cable on that same PNA-X and recalibrated. Now I am getting a phase reading of -63degrees at -60dBm. So it is roughly off by 45 degrees. Is this the expected behavior, such that we should only be concerned about the differences between two phase points values (i.e. for AM/PM Conversion computation) rather than absolute phase value repeatability at a particular power level on any PNA-X utilizing the comb filter generator cal? I know for the group delay measurement that we should be able to measure absolute group delay, so I'm not sure if the same would apply for phase shift.

Thanks,
rok  

Outcomes