AnsweredAssumed Answered

N5242A not visible to NI-MAX after hard drive was replaced

Question asked by akalei on Jan 27, 2015
Latest reply on Jan 27, 2015 by Dr_joel
I have an N5242A with firmware 09.22.02 and hard drive S.08.24.  The hard drive was replaced and now I cannot communicate with it through SICL-LAN.

I have tried what is in the attached file and I have tried the following and I still cannot get NI MAX to recognize the PNA-X.

My PNA-X (N5242A) cannot connect via SICL over LAN even after following your instructions. How do I fix this?
Some early PNA-X unit were misconfigured (those shipped before Nov 2007.) To fix this, execute C:\Program Files\Agilent\IO Libraries Suite\bin\iocfg32.exe. Ignore any USB-GPIB warning. Under Configured Interfaces, find the item with the SICL name of hpib7 and remove it. Under Available Interface Type, find the Internal Instrument interface and click on Configure. Accept the defaults; click OK. On the PNA application, click on Utility, System, Configure, SICL/GPIB/SCPI and disable the SICL Automatic Startup. Exit the PNA-X application entirely. Re launch the PNA-X app and then re-enable the SICL Automatic Startup.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!  

Outcomes