AnsweredAssumed Answered

LAN Connection issue on 54833A

Question asked by ctg28 on Dec 4, 2013
Latest reply on Dec 6, 2013 by algoss
I am trying to control my oscilliscope through matlab in order to automate data collection, but am having issue setting up the VISA TCP/IP connection.

I have connected my scope and computer on a private network and set them both up with static IP's on the same subnet mask. I have confirmed the connection by pinging both from my computer to the scope and the reverse. I am also able to pull up web control for the scope from my computer. So I have a verified functional network connection.

However, when I attempt to connect to the scope using Agilent Connection Expert I am completely unsuccessful. The scope is not identified when I open the program so I attempted to add a new instrument under the TCP/IP interface. The auto-detect feature here also failed. So I attempted to add the scope manually using its static IP address, and once again it has failed.

Since my network connection works the problem lies either on my computer or the scope itself, but I am completely at a loss as to what settings to check or change. Can someone please help point me in the right direction?

Thanks!  

Outcomes