AnsweredAssumed Answered

Noob needs suggestions

Question asked by johnlack on Aug 3, 2013
Latest reply on Aug 22, 2013 by johnlack
Hi, I'm a new user of ADS and know only the basics; I have to create a circuit with 8 mixers in parallel upconverting their IF baseband signal to 8 frequencies and combining the the resulting signals on the same line using two 4x1 splitters which combines with one 2x1 splitter; the splitters have been obtained using data items with downloaded data from minicircuits.com .  
(I've attached some images to show the schematic design)
I have been simulating the structure piece by piece, and until it had 6 frequencies and any splitter it worked. It also worked with 4 frequencies with two splitters. The problem came when I tried to simulate the 8 signals togheter with the splitters (later, I will also want to add an amplifier and noise simulation): it ends with "abnormal simulation terminated"; the reasons displayed were typically "insufficient memory" or "no convergence" (I have tried changing solver to Krylov, decreasing the order of the 8 fundamental frequencies, trying to use transient solver assisting). 
My ram is 4GB, and my processor is intel centrino 2; I use ADS 2009 on a windows7 32bit operating system with 26GB free space (I need 32 bit system to be able to see the layout). Things should be enough.
Is there something that I'm missing?  

Outcomes