AnsweredAssumed Answered

Requesting for help with EMpro EMI/EMC simulation

Question asked by ad on Jul 15, 2014
Hi:

I am a graduate student and trying to learn the EMpro software for EMI/EMC simulations. I work in power electronic packaging and fabricate power modules with Si/SiC devices. I am attaching a picture of a very simple power module design with just a single switching position with one MOSFET and one antiparallel diode. 

I am requesting help in regards to how I should go about building the model for this simulation in EMpro in terms of port selection, assignment of ports etc.

This is a quote from the help topics: "Your structure consists of transmission lines that connect to a device, such as a transistor, but this device is not part of the structure that you are simulating. A voltage source can be connected at that point, so even though the device is not part of the circuit you are simulating, the coupling effects that occur among the connections around the device will be included in your simulation."

As I have MOSFETs and Diodes in my design how can I assign them as Voltage sources? What would be the ideal simulation for me to see the EMI/EMC effect of my structure?

Please let me know if you can help me. Also, please feel free to ask any questions that might clarify the problem further. 

Thanks!  

Attachments

Outcomes