AnsweredAssumed Answered

N4261A Agilent Filter Tuning Software - any chance of getting a copy??

Question asked by drkirkby on Apr 15, 2014
Latest reply on Apr 15, 2014 by daras
I guess what I am asking is a bit of a cheek, but there is an old saying at least in England - *"if you don't ask, you don't get".* 

Given Agilent no longer sell the N4261A filter tuning software, and I don't think there is any replacement for it, is there any chance they would release the code on a no-support basis? [See note #1] 

I did my Ph.D. in medical physics

+"A picosecond optoelectronic cross correlator using a gain modulated avalanche photodiode for measuring the impulse response of tissue"+ back in 1999

http://www.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/research/borl/docs/dkirkby.pdf

and have no desire like Joel to do one on filter tuning [note 2, 3]. But I would like to investigate this software, for the same reason someone else asked recently - tuning duplexers. 

*Notes*

1)  I have an 8720D *with* the time domain option and an N9912A *without* the time domain option. Realistically I would only want to use the 8720D for this. The poor dynamic range of an N9912A is not likely to make it worthwhile. 

2) I do know someone who has 3 PhDs, and is also an Olympic Yachtsman, but I am not intending following in his footsteps! 

3) Several people have assumed that my user name on here starts with the letters "dr" as i have a Ph.D. That is not the fact true - my forenames are "David Robert" 

Dave  

Outcomes