AnsweredAssumed Answered

N9340B spectrum analyser and USB3 port issues????

Question asked by joemcc on Oct 16, 2013
Latest reply on Oct 16, 2013 by joemcc
Are there any known problems using this instrument with a USB3 port? I have an Asus 1225B laptop with 2 USB 3 compatible ports. I am trying to program it using Labview (2011). The instrument shows up in device manager as a USB test and Measurement device. The resource name shows up fine in my VISA session in Labview, but I get an error when using the Agilent libraries for the instrument downloaded from the National Instruments website. (The initialize VI fails when sending an IDN? query.) 

I've also tried connecting using the Agilent IO connection expert software which reports a communications failure although it recognizes an instrument is connected. (Attached screenshot.).

I have no problem if I connect to a USB 2 port on the same computer or on other computers. Seeing that USB2 on PCs are likely to be history soon, I'd love to get this working on my USB3 ports. I've not been able to test a USB3 port on another machine, but I guess that is the next step. If all else fails, there is always the network interface.

Thanks for any help.

Joe  

Attachments

Outcomes