AnsweredAssumed Answered

DMM Connectivity Utility will not start

Question asked by Sparky78 on Oct 15, 2013
Latest reply on Oct 16, 2013 by Sparky78
Hello everyone,

I just installed the DMM Connectivity Utility (after installing Agilent IO Libraries Suite v16.3 Update 1) and would like to use it with my 34461A.  Unfortunately, I can't get the program to run.

Double-clicking the "Agilent DMM" icon on the desktop does not start the software.  So far I have found in directory:

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Agilent\Agilent Digital Multimeter Connectivity Utility\

there is a file "UtilityLogs.txt" which contains:

Oct 15 2013 10:45:47.361: Launcher Launching instrument studio service, LaunchShell = True
Oct 15 2013 10:45:47.370: Launcher No services found, launching tray process.

for each time I have attempted to start the program.  *Surely the "No services found" has something to do with my problem, but I don't know anything further.*  

I have reboot the computer and tried again, but this didn't help.

I'm using Windows 7, 64-bit.  My 34461A is connected via Ethernet using DHCP and shows up in Agilent Connection Expert.  The "Add Instrument" -> "Auto Find" finds the 34461A and lists the meter twice (LXI and Socket (5025)), and I added it using LXI.  

I wonder if the problem is I also have NI VISA installed, and so Agilent VISA is running in side-by-side mode as "secondary".

Does anyone know what is wrong: what causes the "No services found" message and prevent the utility from running??

Thanks for any help!

Edited by: Sparky78 on Oct 15, 2013 12:18 PM  

Outcomes