AnsweredAssumed Answered

Enhanced Response Error Correction (ERC)

Question asked by josh on Oct 12, 2013
Latest reply on Oct 17, 2013 by Dr_joel
I’m seeking advice using enhanced response forwards error correction for a university project. The project involves taking raw S11 and S21 measurements with a HP8753 two port analyser and learning to apply error correction.

We’ve successfully achieved 1 port error correction for reflection measurements but having no luck with transmission measurements.

Last post I made, Dr Joel suggested I buy his book “Handbook of Microwave Component Measurements” which I did, and has proved to be a very informative and useful book.

To convey my question easily, I’ve adopted his style of notation. 

Basically, we cannot get the equations for enhanced response correction to work. Upon further investigation, I cannot see how they possibly could. 

We developed our own equations based on our own observations that work successfully with a range of loads, however I am perplexed as to why the equations published in several HP documents don’t appear to work.

*I’ve detailed the equations, procedures and results in the attached document, and I’m hoping someone can shed some light on the situation.* 

Thanks in advance,
Josh  

Outcomes