Question asked by PaulyG123 on Oct 11, 2013
Latest reply on Jan 13, 2014 by lhornburg
Agilent 33522A
Firmware version 2.01
Installed Options: 002 (16MSa/Channel)
                          400 (GPIB interface)

Programming Enviroment: LabVIEW 2012, Windows 7

Hi,
I'm having a difficult time trying to figure out how to transfer waveform files, such as the 'cardiac.arb' file located in the 33522A internal memory, "int:\builtin\cardiac.arb", to a folder on the p.c.'s hard drive over the GPIB bus. I'm also having a similarly difficult time transfering files from the p.c. to the 33522A's "int:\" folder over the GPIB bus. 

Can this even be done? 

I've downloaded and installed NI's 3352x Series Drivers hoping they would help. But whether I use discrete SCPI commands from the programming manual, or the NI drivers (.vi's) I'm having little to no success. Nothing in the manual specifically states that I cannot do this, but nothing states that I can. I have not tried using a LAN connection because I would need approval from our networking people to configure the computer to access the ARB's LAN port. (In fact, they would have to set up the machine to do this as I have no authority to mess with the network settings.)

I searched the forum and found one of my own posts about this very topic from a few years back, but since then there's been a lot of changes here, including an OS update and a 'cleansing' of the data on my machine and now I cannot find my original work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Paul

Edited by: PaulyG123 on Oct 11, 2013 2:12 PM  

Outcomes