AnsweredAssumed Answered

Can't resize running VEE window when Message Box is open

Question asked by steveor on May 1, 2013
Latest reply on Aug 14, 2013 by recthor
Hi,

I've seen some strange behavior with VEE that has caused me a few problems.  Here's what I'm seeing:

I have a VEE program that will spawn an external Java program to plot a series of control charts.  The control charts are generated with the windows minimized.  These charts also create a status file which VEE reads to determine if our system is in control.  At this point, a message box is displayed and allows viewing the control charts.  

Here's defect number 1:  when I ask the control charts to tile, the VEE program re-sizes as well.  I think this is a VEE bug, not Windows, as other programs do not exhibit this behavior.

Then, when I want to restore VEE to it's original size, I can't because a message box is awaiting a response.  So, when a message box is up, VEE can't be maximized or have it's window changed.  It's really bad when the dialog box is off screen, then you're effectively locked out of the program.  This is defect number 2.

Has anyone seen this?  How do you deal with it?  I'd like Agilent to consider resolving these defects.

Thanks,
Steve Ortiz  

Outcomes