AnsweredAssumed Answered

SOLVED DVM 3458A using subsampling

Question asked by PacoLopez on Jun 10, 2014
Hi, 

I have posted a similar message in the multimeters section some days ago, but no response yet, so I thought that maybe someone in the VEE forum could help me...

After long time using VEE to capture signals from a 3458A, we decided to use C# and recreate the same functionallity we had in our VEE application. I tried to create a function that programs the multimeter to work in subsampling mode, cause the signal we monitor is in the uS range.
I have been searching information about reading binary block of int16 using the libraries, but I couldn't find any information, all the examples use the NRDGS, is is possible to read the values using the VisaComLib in C#?
I have attached the screenshot of the VEE function that setups the multimeters and the VEE function that we use to read the data. I have also attached the C# function I have tested, of course, I triggered the same amount of samples (500 in this case), in order to have the capture correct.

In summary: does someone know how to transfer the data of the subsampling data using C#???

Thanks in advance,

Paco

After some time trying several ways to read the data back from the DVM, I found how to do it....by myself

Edited by: PacoLopez on Jul 9, 2014 12:50 AM  

Attachments

Outcomes