AnsweredAssumed Answered

Need help on Electrical Delay measurement for Circulator and Isolator.

Question asked by qtdtec on Aug 16, 2013
Latest reply on Aug 30, 2013 by qtdtec
Hi All,
I am new to the Forum and I'm just starting to work with Network Analyzer so please bear with me :)

I am trying to find some information and guidance on how to accurately measure Electrical Delay through a passive component using the ENA E5071C.

I have an ENA E5071C 9kHz-8GHz with an E-Cal Kit (85093-60010 300kHz-9GHz, 2 ports). I am trying to accurately  measure the electrical delay of a circulator that is 2.0GHz-2.9GHz from input1 to out2 (The 3rd port is terminated 50ohm). But I don't know if I am doing it right?

My concern is that I don’t know if I am calibrating the ENA correctly with just the E-Cal. Do I need to do anything else to get the accurate reading?  Could anyone instruct me how to calibrate the ENA to minimize any uncertainty errors to get the most accurate electrical delay measurement of a circulator or isolator?

Also on the measurement when I press Mark->Delay I get a different reading each time on the Electrical Delay and Phase Angle. Which one should have the fix value? Do I have to set the Phase reference angle to a fix point? On my reading it seem like it's pointing at around 155deg when I press Mark->Delay the Mark->Ref. Am I doing it correctly?

FYI, I have attached a screen capture of the reading.

If anyone would advise me on this I would really appreciate it.
THANKS!  

Attachments

Outcomes