I am trying to figure out how to make a S22 measurement with a E8363B.
My device under test is 100 ohm twinax, but my network analyzer is 50 ohm.
My test setup is an SMA jack to a 50 ohm to 100 ohm transformer. The cable attached to the transformer goes to the device under test.
Someone made a triax open, load and short for me to use for calibration.
1. Calibrate at the SMA jack to the ECAL, 50 ohms
2. Turn on Corrections
3. Turn on port Z converstion to 100 ohm.
4. Enable Fixture Selections.
5. Perform Port Extension with either open or short.
6. Connect to the device under test.
Depending on the order of operation I can get vastly different answers. I'm not sure what is the right one.
I have referenced this thread.
Enquiry on Impedanze Zin and S11 relationship