AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to set the phase difference while sweeping frequency with 33522A ?

Question asked by tianshi on May 4, 2012
Hi guys,

I am tring to generate two sin signal and sweep the frequency from 50 to 400 Hz. While sweeping, hoping to maintain 90 degree phase difference between these two channels. I set 90 degree phase difference between two channels and turn on "phase sync" before sweep. However, when I turned on "sweep mode", the phase difference between two channels became arbitrary value. I also tried to programme it and got the same result.

I tried another way which is to programme two arbitrary waveform ( one sin, one cos) and turn on the "Burst mode". In that case, they can be synchronised  by EXT trigger or Manual triggerand and realize frequency sweeping with 90 degree phase difference between two channels. But every time I have to programme the arbitrary waveforms.

I also tried to programme two arb sequences. But I didn't find a way to sync them by an EXT trigger. When I used arb sequences, I can't turn on " Burst Mode".

The arb sequences are as follows :

Channel 1:
seg1  ---- 50 Hz Sin waveform, repeat till trigger
seg2  ---- 50 to 400 Hz sweep, repeat once 
seg3  ---- 400 Hz Sin waveform, repeat inf

Channel 2:
seg1  ---- 50 Hz Cos waveform, repeat till trigger
seg2  ---- 50 to 400 Hz sweep, repeat once 
seg3  ---- 400 Hz Cos waveform, repeat inf

Can anyone tell me how to set the phase difference between two channels while sweeping the frequence and how to sync two arb sequences with an EXT trigger source? 

Thanks a lot!

Edited by: Tianshi on May 4, 2012 8:40 PM  

Outcomes