AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf Programmatically reading the USerfunction name with the function itself..

Question asked by VRFuser on Jan 23, 2008
Latest reply on Aug 23, 2009 by TheMiddleMan
Yes, I was expecting this

I have been told by Agilent to watch out for numerous bugs in 8.5 and at this time, I cannot migrate.  I was wondering why VEE cannot provide this information like many other scripting languages.

Regards,
Uday

_____  

From: Baranski, Detlef [mailto:Detlef.Baranski@pilkington.de]
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2008 2:33 PM
To: VRF
Subject: AW: [vrf] Programmatically reading the USerfunction name with the function itself..

Then my answer is easy: check for 8.5   with its new pbject properties and the watch interface...
Download it from the web- you can evaluate it for 30 day with "Eval"  as a serialnumber. 

or stay with your old version and do it more cumbersome...
detlef

_____  

Von: Uday Nandiwada [mailto:udaya.nandiwada@broadcom.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 23. Januar 2008 09:54
An: Baranski, Detlef; VRF
Betreff: RE: [vrf] Programmatically reading the USerfunction name with the function itself..

I have a large set of functions which call one another (no recursion, of course).  Even if I were to assign a variable, I have to remember to delete those variables at the end of function call so that I can check what variables exist and figure out call stack.  This is too cumbersome.

Besides, I do not want to explicitly set the variable to any given value.  Today, I might have a function named "test".  I might change the function name later to "test_power" to attach more meaning to the name.  In this case, I have to remember to change the variable value to "test_power" from earlier "test".

I want to automatically get the function name since VEE knows it anyway when it executes it.  My VEE version is 7.52.

Regards,
Uday

_____  

From: Baranski, Detlef [mailto:Detlef.Baranski@pilkington.de]
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2008 2:16 PM
To: Uday Nandiwada; VRF
Subject: AW: [vrf] Programmatically reading the USerfunction name with the function itself..

Why not using a global variable and set this variable in the beginning of your user function ? at the end set it back to default. This way you also do know what user function is actually  running.
The other part : what vee version are you using ?
detlef

_____  

Von: Uday Nandiwada [mailto:udaya.nandiwada@broadcom.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 22. Januar 2008 13:57
An: VRF
Betreff: [vrf] Programmatically reading the USerfunction name with the function itself..

Hello.

I was wondering if it is possible to programmatically obtain the UserFunction being currently executed within VEE.  That is, if I am executing a function called "test_fn", I should be able to use some sort of formula object that generates "test_fn" as output string.

I thought this should be possible since we can generate ShowPanel() from the function's object menu.  So, VEE knows the name of the function being executed (however, it can not keep track of the name if I change that after I generate ShowPanel()).

Another question is whether I can dump the call stack if an error occurs.  We can definitely view the call stack but, I want to dump it in the program so that debugging becomes easy.  I am aware of "Show Execution Flow" and "Show Data Flow" but, I am looking for an automatic solution.

What I am describing is something we usually see in Tcl or Python etc.  The entire call stack is dumped if and when an error occurs.

I appreciate if any of you can help me with this.

Regards,
Uday

Der Inhalt dieser E-Mail (inkl. aller Anlagen) ist vertraulich und ausschließlich für den Adressaten bestimmt. Jede Art der Verbreitung, Nutzung oder Vervielfältigung ist untersagt. Sollten Sie diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und löschen die E-Mail.

Unternehmensangaben der Gesellschaften mit Sitz in Deutschland:

Pilkington Holding GmbH, Haydnstraße 19, 45884 Gelsenkirchen
Sitz: Gelsenkirchen, Amtsgericht Gelsenkirchen HRB 8997
Geschäftsführung: Jochen Settelmayer (Vorsitz), Dr. Clemens Miller, Thomas Kretschmann, Robert Hales
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Dr. Axel Wiesener

Pilkington Deutschland AG, Haydnstraße 19, 45884 Gelsenkirchen
Sitz: Gelsenkirchen, Amtsgericht Gelsenkirchen HRB 2707
Vorstand: Dr. Clemens Miller, Jochen Settelmayer
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Dr. Axel Wiesener

Pilkington Automotive Deutschland GmbH, Otto-Seeling-Straße 7, 58455 Witten
Sitz: Witten, Amtsgericht Bochum HRB 8443
Geschäftsführung: Thomas Kretschmann
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Jochen Settelmayer

Bauglasindustrie GmbH, Hüttenstraße 33, 66839 Schmelz / Saar
Sitz: Schmelz / Saar, Amtsgericht Saarbrücken HRB 52020
Geschäftsführung: Manfred Ebbers

---
You are currently subscribed to vrf as: udaya.nandiwada@broadcom.com
To subscribe please send an email to: "vrf-request@lists.it.agilent.com" with the word subscribe in the message body.
To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To send messages to this mailing list, email "vrf@agilent.com".
If you need help with the mailing list send a message to
"owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
Search the "unofficial vrf archive" at "http://www.vrfarchive.com/vrf_archive".
Search the Agilent vrf archive at "http://vee.engineering.agilent.com".
---
You are currently subscribed to vrf as: ming_meng@agilent.com
To subscribe please send an email to: "vrf-request@lists.it.agilent.com" with the word subscribe in the message body.
To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To send messages to this mailing list, email "vrf@agilent.com".
If you need help with the mailing list send a message to
"owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
Search the "unofficial vrf archive" at "http://www.vrfarchive.com/vrf_archive".
Search the Agilent vrf archive at "http://vee.engineering.agilent.com".  

Outcomes