AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf Setting a new timeout is working but not displayed in instrument-manager

Question asked by VRFuser on Jun 5, 2008
Hello,
i´m using Windows XP SP3, Vee 8.5 and IO-Libs 15.0.
Now i have functions which sends command to an instrument and read data back. For this i have to change the timeout of the instrument which is connected via LAN to my computer.
This can be done manually in Vee-intsrument-manager by clicking on advanced-button of the instrument.
Or the timeout can be changed with command "IO.myinstr.timeout = value"

I created a small sub-function which first reads the current timeout (currTimeout = IO.myinstr.timeout) before setting a new timeout.
Input: NewTimout (int32)
Output: OldTimeout(int32)

Then i call this sub-function twice in the mainprogram

1.) call timeout(in: 60, out: 5)
2.) Send & read from instrument
3.) call timeout (in: 5, out: 60)

The output from the first call is wired to the input of the second-timeout-call.

The set and read of the timeout works great, the only problem is, that when i open the intrument-manager that there is then the 60 displayed and not the 5 in the timeout field.
Does someone know why this is not updated?
Also interesting is, when i change the value manually back to 5 and click on save in the instrument-manager and run my program again then i get the error-message that the instrument "myinstr" is not known in the instrument-manager. When i run again, then it works. Looks like saving the instrument-manager makes the instruments  being invisible.

mit freundlichen Grüßen
J. Gallmayer

--
Jochen Gallmayer
Software-Entwicklung

LXinstruments GmbH
Herrenberger Str. 130
D-71034 Böblingen

E-Mail: HYPERLINK "mailto:J.Gallmayer@LXinstruments.com"J.Gallmayer@LXinstruments.com
Internet: HYPERLINK "outbind://5/www.lxinstruments.com"www.lxinstruments.com

VERTRAULICHKEITS-INFORMATION: Diese E-Mail und alle anhängenden Dokumente, enthält Informationen der LXinstruments GmbH und ist nur für die adressierte Person bestimmt. Diese können vertraulich und/oder von Veröffentlichungen ausgenommen sein. Das Kopieren und die Weitergabe an nicht autorisierte Dritte ist verboten. Für Zuwiderhandlungen können Sie haftbar gemacht werden. Falls Sie nicht der Empfänger sind, benachrichtigen Sie den Absender bitte umgehend. Danke

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE : This email and any documents which may accompany it, contains information from LXinstruments GmbH, which is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and which may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, any disclosure, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of this communication or its substance is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact us immediately. Thank you

NOTE DE CONFIDENTIALITE : Ce courrier électronique ainsi que les documents ajoutés, contiennent des informations de la Société LXinstruments GmbH et sont destinés uniquement à la personne concernée. Ce courrier peut être confidentiel et/ou exclu de toute publication ou divulgation quelconque. La copie, la distribution ou le renvoi à toute tierce personne non autorisée sont interdit par la loi des communications et des libertés. Si vous recevez ce courrier par erreur, veuillez nous prévenir immédiatement. Merci.

---
You are currently subscribed to vrf as: ming_meng@agilent.com
To subscribe please send an email to: "vrf-request@lists.it.agilent.com" with the word subscribe in the message body.
To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To send messages to this mailing list, email "vrf@agilent.com".
If you need help with the mailing list send a message to
"owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
Search the "unofficial vrf archive" at "http://www.vrfarchive.com/vrf_archive".
Search the Agilent vrf archive at "http://vee.engineering.agilent.com".  

Outcomes