AnsweredAssumed Answered

HP4195A, output for network analysis not working, help!!!

Question asked by rod_pro on Dec 10, 2007
Latest reply on Feb 4, 2008 by dhamilton
Hope somebody is familiar with the internal functionality of the HP4195A. Long story short, a few days ago I was measuring a THD, impedance coupler was saturating signal, thought was the supply of the probe power, measured the voltages there but accidentally touched the terminals, caused a short circuit, opened the measurement unit and discovered a couple of quad-opamp IC’s burned out, changed them, inputs of both channels are working fine but now the output of both channels are not, traced the path, discovered generated signal comes from module A43 (generated fine), but enabled by an analog signal from module A51, enabled from a digital signal from module A50 (parallel data), coming from the control unit (serial data). Thought another IC might have burned out, but the control unit is the one not enabling the output to the ports (some instruction, info in memory or something in software of course), so I tried the ‘preset’ button, tried to download new firmware (found panel drivers only), don’t know how to reset it. If anyone can help me on this I would reeeeaaaally appreciate it!!!!

Thanks a lot,

Ivan  

Outcomes