AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf Format Conversion

Question asked by VRFuser on Mar 31, 2008
Ömer Akbaþ <omer.akbas@arcelik.com> wrote:
> Dear VRF,
> I need to create JPEG images from HD(consumer) video frames in AVCHD
> format or HDV video frames in m2t format(Sony uses it, compressed).  I
> plan to do this in VEE. I am not experienced in image processing so I
> appreciate any kind of help or suggestions from you.

You're almost certainly not going to be doing that from within VEE, unless you want to spend a LONG time learning about signal processing and doing programming.

Rather you're going to want to control an external application via command line or ( maybe ) activeX/dotNET.

I'd suggest starting by finding a video processing toolset that can deal with what you want and also be controlled.
MATLAB has some good video capabilities- this may be possible there. Otherwise there are many choices out there.

With this in hand you can write VEE functions to control the external code to do what you want.

If you want to do more work, you may eb able to find source code for routines that you want and compile them into DLL so that you can use the functions from within VEE as compiled functions.

with luck someone here in VRF will have some good pointers.

regards

Stan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Bischof  Agilent Technologies  707-577-3994  stan_bischof@agilent.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

---
You are currently subscribed to vrf as: ming_meng@agilent.com To subscribe please send an email to: "vrf-request@lists.it.agilent.com" with the word subscribe in the message body.
To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com". 
If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
Search the "unofficial vrf archive" at "http://www.vrfarchive.com/vrf_archive".
Search the Agilent vrf archive at "http://vee.engineering.agilent.com".

Outcomes