AnsweredAssumed Answered

VSWR on Trabt1420P Antenna

Question asked by CRoD on May 23, 2007
Latest reply on May 23, 2007 by Dr_joel
Good day to all,

I hope someone can help me out with this problem.

I currently use a Network Analyzer, ENA series, Model # E5071B.  It is equipped with Option 10 (Time Domain).  This unit is primarily used for 50 ohm Coaxial cable sweep tests for Return Loss, Insertion Loss, and VSWR.  Although, we also use it to conduct a VSWR sweep test on Antennas that we get in to see if they are performing as they should be. In addition to that, we also use this unit to tune Duplexers, and measure the characteristics of an Attenuator.

What I am having a problem is with this particular Antenna TRABT1420P, by Antennex.  They have a picture illustration on how it is supposed to perform in VSWR, and its frequency range is from 142 MHz to 160 MHz. 

The problem is, when I conduct my usual VSWR sweep between that frequency span, to see if this Antenna is at 1.5:1 or better, I get some really off results.  I've had communication with this companies engineer, and he informed me that this Antenna is NON-LINEAR. 

Does that make a difference?  If so, is our network analyzer capable of conducting a valid VSWR test?

Thank in advance for any information.  

Outcomes