AnsweredAssumed Answered

Network Analyzer LOCAL Command Programming "Forms"

Question asked by SOLT_guy on Dec 7, 2012
Latest reply on Dec 13, 2012 by SOLT_guy
Dear Sir:

I was programming my test instrument using an interactive, instrument control, program (Agilent Connection Expert).   I noticed that an equivalent LOCAL command is not available in this software environment.   

In the HPBASIC environment a typical working command is:  LOCAL 716

In the QUICKBASIC environment a typical working command is:  CALL IOLOCAL(716&)

My first question is do the forms of the LOCAL command operate to affect the IO interface (eg. GPIB Card or other interface, eg. USB to GPIB) first and then the network analyzer, or does the command only address the network analyzer?   In general, can you tell me if this command affects the IO interface and, if so, can you tell me how?

The end application of my query is write a compatible string command that will perform the function of the LOCAL command. 

Can anyone offer any advice on how I go about accomplishing this task?   Is there a simple command that I can input into an interactive instrument control program that will operate as an equivalent local command and not return an error?

Edited by: SOLT_guy on Dec 7, 2012 10:49 AM

Edited by: SOLT_guy on Dec 10, 2012 6:10 AM  

Outcomes