AnsweredAssumed Answered

N5182B Sequence creation isn't conveying markers from segments

Question asked by jibbs on Nov 21, 2012
Latest reply on Nov 30, 2012 by tabbott
Hi,

I'm using the N5182B to sequence waveforms together.  I create the waveform files using matlab and I also create a marker file for each waveform.  When I put the waveforms on the N5182B I move both files to the correct directory.  I can load the waveforms on the sig gen individually and using the 'display waveform and markers' softkey I can observe that the marker file is working as I expect as well.  They also fire the event pins correctly when I play them.

My problem is that when I attempt to sequence these waveforms together, the resulting sequence has no markers.  I have the 'markers' parameter of the sequence scpi command set to 'ALL' so it shouldnt be an issue with the markers just being turned off.

I tried this process before where instead of using a marker file, I would load the waveforms into volatile memory then add a marker before sequencing and those markers made it into the sequence as expected.

Is there some extra step I need to take between having a waveform/marker file combo that gets loaded into volatile memory and sequencing to ensure that my sequence will retain the markers from the marker file?  

Outcomes