AnsweredAssumed Answered

X-Parameters multitone and memory extensions in Simulation-based extraction

Question asked by g.p. on Dec 19, 2012
Hello,

I have some doubts related to the simulation-based extraction of X-parameters using the X-param framework.

I successfully extracted the X-parameters standard model (around a single tone large signal operating point); 
I see it is possible to extract the model around a multi-tone large signal operating point applying two large tones at two different ports (as in the mixer example, one large tone at the RF input and other large tone as local oscillator).

My first question is if it is practically possible to extract the model around a multi-tone large signal operating point when these large multi-tones are applied only at one port. Can I define a multitone large signal (with unrelated tones) from a single source and be sure that the model is extracted around the large multi-tone signal?

The second is if there is an implemented automatic procedure to include the memory effect in the X-parameter single large-tone model (reference for example to paper: A Simplified Extension of X-parameters to Describe Memory Effects for Wideband Modulated Signals  by Jan Verspecht et al).

Thanks for all suggestions.

GP  

Outcomes