AnsweredAssumed Answered

ECal Wipe

Question asked by Spacecase69 on Nov 2, 2012
Latest reply on Nov 3, 2012 by jvall
I recently performed the ECalwipe Santization as part of a downgrading a system. One problem, which I am working with my IT department on, is our McAfee Antivirus caused the process to take hours instead of minutes (it was scanning every read/write), I ended up letting it run overnight, since the first wipe pass took over 5 hours. The next morning I checked that sanitization was complete with no errors, verified that it was still recognized, shut down the utility and removed the ECal from the system. The problem I am having now is the ECal is no longer recognized when connected to a system. Also, the system that was used to perform the sanitization was also downgraded and is in use on an unclassified program.

Where is the Factory Characterization file stored during ECalwipe? I believe I need to copy it from the classified drive to a PC and use the PC version to restore the ECal, then sanitize it again (since it will be connected to a classified PC). The question is, how do I verify that it is working correctly before disconnecting it, since it appeared to be OK last time.

This is the first time I have sanitized an ECal and tried to use it afterwards, we usually sanitize only when they are due for calibration, so I don't know if this is unusual or not. Also, it did not come to me before being upgraded, so I do not have a saved Factory Characterization on an Unclassified system.

Spacecase  

Outcomes