AnsweredAssumed Answered

Windows VISTA OS and compatible VNA Cal Kit Manager Program

Question asked by SOLT_guy on Dec 10, 2012
Latest reply on Dec 30, 2012 by drkirkby
Dear Sir:

I used VNA Cal Kit Manager on my old Windows XP OS and it worked great!

Unfortunately, when I upgraded my system to the Windows VISTA OS and I tried to use Cal Kit Manager - an error message was returned.  

This problem may get a little complex because I am also using National Instruments software (MAX) and there is an issue with freeing up the gpib-32.dll.   I read that some NI software will lock this *.dll so other programs do not have access to it.

Actually, I believe the source of the problem is, I need to use a new program, a revision to the VNA Cal Kit Manager, that is compatible with VISTA OS.

The reason why I am under this belief is because VNA Cal Kit Manager wants to see SICL32.dll and gpib-32.dll in the Windows "system" folder.  However, in VISTA these items are located in a different folder, the "system32" folder and not in the "system" folder.   I tried cutting and pasting the dlls into the Windows system folder but the same error message was returned.

I am also using an Agilent USB to GPIB interface, Agilent 82357B, which is another reason why I believe my Agilent VNA cal kit software may be incompatible.    New hardware interfaces and old software often do not mix.

Can you point me to some free downloadable software that is compatible with VISTA?  

Or, in the alternative, if you know how to solve this problem please let me know the solution.

The error message I receive is:

ATGPIB Card Open Error 3 Bad Address

Thank you for your help and I look forward to reading your reply.

Edited by: SOLT_guy on Dec 10, 2012 2:59 PM  

Outcomes