to create and rate content, and to follow, bookmark, and share content with other members.
problem of connection between LabWindows CVI and 34970A
Question asked by
on Dec 16, 2011
on Dec 19, 2011 by walid
Show 0 Likes
can I connect the 34970A instrument to LabWindows CVI with the USB-GPIB Agilent 82357 if yes how I can do it ? thanks
No one else has this question
Mark as assumed answered
This content has been marked as final.
Show 2 comments
(Required, will not be published)
Dec 16, 2011 12:49 PM
I'm not sure which one of these will answer your question but here are my best guesses:
1. Can I use 34970A from CVI? Yes you can, and you would use it the same way you use any other IVI driver. Install the IVI driver and use the .fp. I’m sure that CVI has directions for how to do this.
2. I have NI VISA as primary, how do I get Agilent GPIB-USB converter working (with anything, but user happens to be using CVI)? I recall that when you have NI VISA and you wish to use USB-GPIB, you must “enable a Tulip Passport”.
NI Visa and Agilent USB/GPIB converter
When using NI Visa from an application, you may find that it does not recognize the Agilent USB/GPIB converter. The primary cause is step 6 below, which comes from the FAQ at the following link:
6. For NI software to recognize Agilent hardware, you must enable the NI-VISA Passport for Tulip.
This is a software module included with NI-VISA for support of Agilent hardware, and is not enabled by default.
1. Use the NI Measurement and Automation Explorer (NI MAX) to enable the Passport for Tulip; in version 3.1 and greater of NI MAX, click on Tools > NI-VISA > VISA Options…
2. Select the Passport for Tulip check box
3. Click Save to save your settings, then exit NI MAX
7. Close and restart NI MAX. You should see your instrument listed under "Devices and Interfaces" as a Miscellaneous VISA Resource.
8. The Agilent USB/GPIB Interface Converter should now be accessible from NI-VISA and from NI utilities such as VISA Interactive Control (VISAIC)
For more information, go to the Agilent IO Libraries Suite help topic: “Using Agilent’s and Other Vendors’ Products
Show 0 Likes
Dec 19, 2011 2:25 AM
thanks I managed to control it with cvi
Show 0 Likes
Retrieving data ...
how to simulate the large siganl loop gain
How to define explicit ports in momentum and get a valid DC solution
Using a Python Transform in WaferPro Express to Export Measured Data
Calibration Problem in NA