AnsweredAssumed Answered

Using E5071B 4-Port VNA to measure impedance of a balanced network

Question asked by WallyGator53 on Nov 5, 2012
Greetings.
I have a situation where I need to characterize the complex impedance of a circuit from as low a frequency as I can to 100 MHz or higher if possible. I have two pins in a multiple pin connector to access the circuit. I have an E5071B, OPT:010, 016, 414, and UNQ and an E-Calibration Module N4431-60004. I have a background in VNA measurements but have not been able to get my head around the Mixed-Mode S-Parameter principles. I have tried to use the E5071B Users Guide to get through this but it hasn't provided what I need.
I have accomplished a 3-Port calibration using the E-Cal module. I have an adequate means of applying the VNA signals to the two pins for access to the test circuit. What I haven't figured out is how to use three connections from the VNA on only two DUT connectors. 
I have perused this forum and searched many other Agilent documentation sources without finding a good description of how to make this measurement.
Can anyone point me to some good procedural documentation that might help me connect the dots.
Thank you in advance.
Wally Rice  

Outcomes