AnsweredAssumed Answered

U1732C LCR has tolerance and Max/Min/Avg issues

Question asked by clusk on Nov 3, 2012
Latest reply on Mar 24, 2013 by Seok Jin Wong
There does not appear to be a separate LCR forum section but a previous post had indicated that this forum would be the appropriate location.   

I have found two different issues while using the U1732C meter.  When the meter is in tolerance mode, it calculates the percentages fine but will not beep if the reading is within the tolerance range (one beep) or not (three beeps).  The beep is enabled in the setup and the beep does work for other functions on the meter.  It does not make any difference which tolerance percenatage is chosen.  It's not a showstopper, but it would be nice to have this working.

The second issue is that the Max/Min/Avg function will only store one reading.  The meter is in manual mode and the readings are stable and there is no overload reading.  I followed the User Guide instructions exactly and also tried other key entry combinations, but no luck.

I looked at the firmware history and there does not seem to be any reference to either of these issues as a possible firmware update.  I don't know what firmware version my meter is at.  There does not seem to be a way to find this out as the meter does not show it on startup and is not available to display in the setup/configuration menus.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  

Outcomes