AnsweredAssumed Answered

Using the VSA software through DCOM in .net

Question asked by Greg12 on Feb 4, 2009
Latest reply on Jun 21, 2010 by Kleb
I am trying to connect to the Agilent VSA software on a remote computer using Visual Basic .net, and the DCOM client that comes with the VSA software. When I go to add a reference to VsaVector.tlb, I get an error "Failed to create the wrapper assembly for type library 'AgtVsaVector'". I tried adding it to a VB6 project and did not have any problems, but I need to be able to use it with Visual Studio.net.

I followed the instructions in the readme file in the dcom folder (that was installed with the VSA software) but I have not found any other documentation on installing or using the DCOM functionality of the VSA software. Does the DCOM client work with vb.net? and if so, do I need to do anything to import it other then just adding the file as a reference?

Also, The test connection utility in the dcom folder works fine, and visual studio has the "Agilent 89600 Vector Signal Analyzer 9.00" component name already added in the add reference dialog. This leads me to believe that the object is registered properly.  

Outcomes