AnsweredAssumed Answered

VB .Net Interface Reference

Question asked by petersdr on Sep 29, 2011
Latest reply on Sep 30, 2011 by petersdr
I am having an impossible time trying to control the 89600B VSA Sotware (14.0) with VB 2010.  I can add the interface reference from \interface\ or \interface_v3.5\ with different results.

When I add the standard interface reference from \interface\ the following line of code won't work
     Dim appVSA As Agilent.SA.Vsa.Application
The error says I need to add a reference

When I add the standard interface reference from \interface_v3.5\ I can set and create the application, change the title, but I can't access any of the display or trace commands without the add a reference error.

What's frustrating is that I had this working 2 weeks ago, but my hard drive died suddenly before I backed it up.  I had the same issue, but I was working in VB 2008 and when I moved to VB 2010 it fixed itself.

Below is the code I was trying to test it with, any help would be greatly appreciated:

Option Explicit On
Imports Agilent.SA.Vsa

Public Class Form1

Dim appVSA As Agilent.SA.Vsa.Application
    Public appCreated As Boolean

Private Sub btnExit_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnExit.Click
        If appCreated = True Then
            appVSA.Title = "Agilent 89600B Vector Signal Analysis"
            appVSA = Nothing
            'appVSA.Quit()
        End If

Me.Close()
    End Sub

Private Sub btnTest_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnTest.Click
        Dim x As Integer
        Dim str As String
        appVSA = Agilent.SA.Vsa.ApplicationFactory.Create()
        If appVSA Is Nothing Then
            appCreated = False
            MsgBox("Open the 89600B Software and then restart program.", MsgBoxStyle.OkOnly)
            Me.Close()
        Else
            appCreated = True
            appVSA.Title = "89600B File Save"
            'x = appVSA.Display.Traces(1).Dataname

End If
    End Sub
End Class  

Outcomes