AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf More on the Kernal32 load problem

Question asked by VRFuser on Jan 18, 2008
Latest reply on Jan 18, 2008 by VRFuser
My Kernel32 loading problem can be seen on a number of computers. They appear to be the ones with the most recent XP updates. The problem never occurs on Win2000 machines.

I chopped the Kernel .h file down to just the items I'm actually using.
This did not correct the problem so .h entries may not be the cause.
Here's what I have left:

long _stdcall GetTimeZoneInformation (int *lpTimeZoneInformation) long _stdcall Sleep (long dwMilliseconds) int _stdcall GlobalAlloc(int uFlags, int dwBytes); int _stdcall GlobalLock(int hMem); int _stdcall GlobalUnlock(int hMem); void _stdcall RtlMoveMemory(int pDest, char *pSrc, int dwBytes); long _stdcall GetLastError ( )

Trouble shooting this problem has turned out to extremely difficult because it's intermittent and the timing of the error window doesn't appear to be consistent. The application does not stop when the error message is displayed so I've installed multi-second delays at various locations in the hope that I would be able to tell how far the program had progressed when the error occurred.  The results are inconsistent.

I'm beginning to think the error messages I'm sending to Microsoft are my best bet. Has anybody had any luck obtaining Microsoft's attention in this manner?

Barrie

g.nied@gn-software.de wrote:
> Hi Barrie,
>
> is that machine the same that has the problems with the toggle elements? If so that machine seems to have a windows problem and needs to be reinstalled.
>
> Some other thoughts from me:
>  
>> long _stdcall lstrcpynA (char*  lpString1, int  *lpString2, long
>> iMaxLength) int _stdcall GlobalAlloc(int uFlags, int dwBytes); int
>> _stdcall GlobalLock(int hMem); int _stdcall GlobalUnlock(int hMem);
>> void _stdcall RtlMoveMemory(int pDest, char *pSrc, int dwBytes);
>>    
>
> Those functions need to be used with extreme care because you can easily screw up the system when passing wrong parameters.
>
>  
>> long _stdcall EnumCalendarInfoA (long lpCalInfoEnumProc, long Locale,
>> long Calendar, long CalType) long _stdcall EnumDateFormats (long
>> lpDateFmtEnumProc, long Locale, long
>> dwFlags)
>> long _stdcall EnumTimeFormats (long lpTimeFmtEnumProc, long Locale,
>> long
>> dwFlags)
>>    
>
> It seems to me that you use some functions for different country setings. Perhaps you have mixed up a windows update for differernt countries...
>
> Does the error only pop up in runtime or in development environment too?
>
>
> best regards,
>
> Georg
>
>
>
> Georg Nied · Software-Development · Hansestr. 7 · 51149 Cologne ·
> Germany
> Tel: +49 (2203) 9770915 · Fax: +49 (2203) 9770924 · E-Mail:
> info@gn-software.de
>  

---
You are currently subscribed to vrf as: ming_meng@agilent.com To subscribe please send an email to: "vrf-request@lists.it.agilent.com" with the word subscribe in the message body.
To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com". 
If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
Search the "unofficial vrf archive" at "http://www.vrfarchive.com/vrf_archive".
Search the Agilent vrf archive at "http://vee.engineering.agilent.com".

Outcomes