AnsweredAssumed Answered

Fwd: vrf Send Mail Message formats and Attachments

Question asked by VRFuser on Nov 1, 2007
G'day Al,I was looking for that for ages!  Obviously missed the forest for the trees.  Cheers!--Kevin NievaartMaterials Testing OfficerDept. Civil EngineeringMonash University, Clayton CampusPh.  (03) 9905-1165Fax  (03) 9905-1483"It is known that there is an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the product of a deranged imagination."   -   Douglas AdamsAl Garvin wrote:> Kevin,>   I had a similar problem and it was solved by Doug Parrish. Here is > his e-mail and attached vee solution.> Al Garvin>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------> -->> Subject:> RE: [vrf] Send Mail Message formats and Attachments> From:> "Doug Parrish" <doug.parrish@comtechpst.com>> Date:> Sat, 22 Sep 2007 08:12:22 -0400> To:> "Al Garvin" <agarvin@garlic.com>>> To:> "Al Garvin" <agarvin@garlic.com>> CC:> <vrf@agilent.com>>>> Hi AL,>      I'm using VEE 7.5.  It is located in the "Dot NET" examples in this > version.  I have attached it for your convenience.  Don't forget to > add the .net reference "System.mail".>> Doug Parrish>  > Test Engineer> Comtech PST> 105 Baylis Rd> Melville, NY 11747> 631.486.4126 (Direct)> 631.777.8900 x 126> doug.parrish@comtechpst.com>  >  >> -----Original Message-----> From: Al Garvin [mailto:agarvin@garlic.com]> Sent: Friday, September 21, 2007 10:38 PM> To: Doug Parrish> Subject: Re: [vrf] Send Mail Message formats and Attachments>> Doug,>    Where did you find this example?  I am using version 7.0 and it is > not in the DotNet examples.> Thanks,> Al Garvin>> Doug Parrish wrote:>   >> Sorry, Scratch that question.  I just found the example >> "SendMailWithAttachments" which illustrates how to send attachments >> as>>     >>   >> well as allows you to set the format to HTML.>>>>  >>>> **Doug Parrish**>>>>  >>>> **Test Engineer**>>>> **Comtech PST**>>>> **105 Baylis Rd**>>>> **Melville****, NY 11747**>>>> **631.486.4126 (Direct)**>>>> **631.777.8900 x 126**>>>> **doug.parrish@comtechpst.com** <mailto:doug.parrish@comtechpst.com>>>>>  >>>>  >>>>>>     > ----------------------------------------------------------------------> -->   >> *From:* Doug Parrish>> *Sent:* Friday, September 21, 2007 1:42 PM>> *To:* VRF>> *Subject:* Send Mail Message formats and Attachments>>>>  >>>> Hello VRF,>>>>             Does anybody have any experience or sample code using the >> .NET "send mail" function to send messages with carriage returns and >> line feeds in the message body.  Or for that matter, can someone show>>     > me>   >> how to set the message body type to HTML where I could use simple >> html>>     >>   >> code: "<html>my text
my text on line 2</html>" to accomplish this.>>     >>   >> Also, does anyone know how to send attachments?  I was playing around >> with the functions in the function and object browser related to >> "system.web", but I've had no luck.>>>> Thanks in advance,>>>>  >>>> **Doug Parrish**>>>>  >>>> **Test Engineer**>>>> **Comtech PST**>>>> **105 Baylis Rd**>>>> **Melville****, NY 11747**>>>> **631.486.4126 (Direct)**>>>> **631.777.8900 x 126**>>>> **doug.parrish@comtechpst.com** <mailto:doug.parrish@comtechpst.com>>>>>>> --->> You are currently subscribed to vrf as: agarvin@garlic.com To >> subscribe please send an email to:>>     > "vrf-request@lists.it.agilent.com" >   >> with the word subscribe in the message body.>> To unsubscribe send a blank email to>>     > "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".>   >> To send messages to this mailing list, email "vrf@agilent.com".>> If you need help with the mailing list send a message to >> "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".>> Search the "unofficial vrf archive" at >> "http://www.vrfarchive.com/vrf_archive".>> Search the Agilent vrf archive at>>     > "http://vee.engineering.agilent.com".>   ---You are currently subscribed to vrf as: ming_meng@agilent.com To subscribe please send an email to: "vrf-request@lists.it.agilent.com" with the word subscribe in the message body.To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com".  If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".Search the "unofficial vrf archive" at "http://www.vrfarchive.com/vrf_archive".Search the Agilent vrf archive at "http://vee.engineering.agilent.com".  

Outcomes