AnsweredAssumed Answered

Newbie E5061B user: please help me

Question asked by antonioguerrieri on Mar 13, 2013
Latest reply on Mar 14, 2013 by drkirkby
Hi all,
i'm currently studying the impedance behavior of some gold (or platinum) quartz crystals which frequency ranges from 5 to 10 MHz.
In the past i used for this purpose an old HP 4192A but data acquisition was a lot complicated and the acquisition time for each scan was too low for my purposes.

Accordingly, I have  recently purchased an E5061B Network Analyzer with the following option (apart the hard disk): a) E5061B-3L5 LF-RF network analyzer with DC bias source, -1E5 high stability timebase and -005 impedance analysis.

Unfortunately, I have some trouble looking about the measurement approach since some parameters here are quite different from those already used in the past with my old HP 4192A .

As an example, I did some experiments using an example from the  E5061B Network Analyzer Help (page 91, Gain-phase/Series-Through).
While some parameters are obviously, some other for me not.
Particularly,what I don't understand is the meaning of Avg, IF BW Auto, IFBW Auto limit?
I see that these parameters in some way change the scan time as well as in some cases the frequency span and much probably the number of points which are acquisite with the experiment.

Can someone help me about?
Can someone suggest some reading about?

many many thanks in advance

Antonio  

Outcomes