to create and rate content, and to follow, bookmark, and share content with other members.
Transmission Tracking Specification
Question asked by
on Apr 10, 2013
on Apr 10, 2013 by Dr_joel
Show 0 Likes
What is meant by the Transmission Tracking Specification for network analyzers and how would this relate to the Transmission Coefficient uncertainty?
No one else has this question
Mark as assumed answered
This content has been marked as final.
Show 1 comment
(Required, will not be published)
Apr 10, 2013 7:43 AM
This is one of five main elements in the transmission measurement uncertainty (S21 uncertainty)
The main elements are:
1) Transmission tracking error: best case around 0.025 dB, depends upon the quality of the calibration kit; typical is on the order of 0.06 to 0.1 dB.
2) Dynamic accuracy: how well the analyzer measures changes in power. It is a curve with zero error at the same power as at calibration, and the error increase as the power changes. Most older VNAs and many modern ones have an error of about 0.01 dB per 10 dB change, so for a 50 dB attenuator, the error would be 0.05 dB. PNA has an error on the order of 0.02 over 80 dB of range.
3) Input mismatch error: depends on S11 of the DUT, and goes as a function of 20Log(1-S11*ResidualSourceMatch). Residual Source Match is set by the calibration kit, and is typically 30-45 dB. For a DUT with S11=-14 dB, and RSM at -40 dB, the error would be 20log(1+(0.2)*(0.01)) = 0.02 dB. Note for the error formula, S11 and RSM are expressed in linear terms not dB.
4) Output mismatch error: same as above but S22 and Residule Load Match
5) Noise floor: at high attenuation measurements, noise floor can have substantial effects, but normally it can be reduced to arbitrarily small levels through averaging.
Show 0 Likes
Retrieving data ...
33522B - CFG011
How disable secure environment option (SEC) on MSO7000A?
ADS Python Data Link 安装设置指南
ADS Crash now the workspace/library is stuck "read only"
Hello, I am getting these two warnings, I was wondering what do they mean and how serious they are: 1- Matrix is singular (detected at node or branch 'L2.i'), circuit converged after a virtual resistance of 1 Tohms bet each node and ground, a virtual resi